There is a mandate upon the Body of Christ to minister life through spiritual gifts. Every member has a function within the body, and there are different gifts of the Spirit. Similarly, there are also different graces given to function in these gifts.
Gifts of the Holy Spirit
In 1 Corinthians 12:4-11 we read about nine distinct spiritual gifts. This is a passage in the Bible which gives us a specific grouping of gifts of the Holy Spirit.
“There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.”
- Word of Wisdom – Supernatural Counsel
- Word of Knowledge – Supernaturally knowing that which cannot otherwise be known
- Faith – The conviction to believe that a thing is as God says
- Gifts of Healings – The manifestation of different supernatural healings
- Working of Miracles – The instantaneous demonstration of the miraculous
- Prophecy – Making known the mind, will and intention of God
- Discerning of Spirits – Supernatural determination of a person’s inner state and / or specific revelation of demonic activity
- Tongues – Speaking in spiritual languages
- Interpretation of Tongues – Supernatural interpretation of spiritual languages