Easter is all about a cross, a cave and a resurrection. Easter is all about the birthplace of a miracle.
When Jesus triumphantly emerged from the tomb that was a cave, He was the ultimate declaration of a Biblical principle that touches the life of us all. Jesus is the resurrection and the life! (John 11:25)
As the sun was darkened and the cruel reality of the cross seemed to annihilate His ministry and His call, it seemed like it was all over. And then came the darkness of the cave.
- For Elijah, the cross was the persecution of a woman named Jezebel. It drove him into a cave. (Read the story in 1 Kings 19)
- For David, the cross was the murderous pursuit of Saul. It drove him into a cave. (1 Samuel 22)
- For Lazarus, the cross was a fatal illness. It drove him into a cave. (John 11)
But, my friends, it was not final! When you serve the God of resurrection, your cave becomes the birthplace of your miracle.
- Elijah emerged from the cave as one who appointed kings.
- David emerged from the cave as a man ready to rule as king.
- Lazarus emerged from the cave as a man who had conquered death because of the command of the King.
- Jesus emerged from the cave as the King of Kings!
Let me encourage you: the next time you find yourself in a dark place or a cave, look up with anticipation. It is the place where kings are forged! Why? Because it is not final!
As you respond to Father with a fully surrendered heart, the darkness of that cave becomes the birthplace of an infinitely greater season. For many of you reading this, this is resurrection morning. This is the birthplace of your miracle!